Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August Misc 2!

Ok, I lied, one more quick post before the trip to Maine. I mostly want to show off the very cool lightning shot I got last night. But read on if you want to see photos of Indian Market in Santa Fe from Sunday...

You can see storms coming from miles away in Albuquerque, and when I saw the sunset developing so beautifully, I knew I had to get the camera ready....


On Sunday, Michael and I went up to Santa Fe for Indian Market, which is an annual gathering of hundreds of New Mexico's native artisans. Each pueblo has their own distinct style. It gave me a chance to see all the different styles of pottery from the different pueblos, and figure out which I like the best (Acoma). It was also fascinating to see the price range for a similar piece of pottery, just due to the artist ($120 to $2000!). I didn't take any photos of the actual pottery, out of respect for the artists, but below are a few shots of the crowds...
Hard to see in this shot, but the tents and crowds stretch wayyyyyyy into the distance.

The storm clouds were gathering, somehow we didn't get rained on though...

The mighty Santa Fe River (no seriously, that is the river!)

See you on the other side of Maine!





2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a great capture Anne! For some reason I can't click on the image to see a larger image... I know I should be able to figure this out being a web developer and all, but I am too lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All fixed, I had to reinsert the photos. No idea why that happens sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete